Shopping for men is often a challenge, especially if you’re not the gift card type.
Shopping for men is often a challenge, especially if you’re not the gift card type. Sure, you could go for a GAME card, which will most likely be happily accepted, but if your budget is very limited it’s probably not the best idea. It’s also very impersonal, and if you’re shopping for a partner you might want to pick something suited to their personality.
The list below is a guide to what else if out there for £10 or under aside from funny patterned socks and underwear packs. If you are the funny socks type, reindeer and Christmas tree patterns seem to have taken over the accessories section of Topman, so you can safely head that way for your winter holidays shopping.
1. Leather strap card holder by All Saints, £8.00 at TKMaxx. This is probably more of a stocking filler than a stand-alone gift, but it’s of great use to man who doesn’t keep all his cards in one place and constantly loses one or two.
2. Oriental Duo Gift set by Pecksniffs, £8.00 at TKMaxx. A twist on the old after shave idea, because some men also like to be pampered with oriental bath goodness.
3. Brown Suedette Moccasin slippers by Totes, £10.00 at TKMaxx fleece lining. For the loungewear fans, these fleece lined slippers are both stylish and comfortable. Just don’t confuse them with shoes.
4. Black Leather Passport and Tag Travel Pack by Penguin, £10.00 at TKMaxx. Travel fans can now keep their passports safe and luggage tagged, and all that just by using items with penguin prints. Note: genuine leather.
5. Navy Stripe suit trousers, £10.00 at Burton. Every man needs a pair of smart trousers in their wardrobe. There’s no excuse not to, especially when their available at such low prices.
6. Pac Man ice cube tray by Paladone, £4.00 at Debenhams. A special treat for the geeky guys or retro enthusiasts.
7. Table Tennis set, £5.00 at Debenhams. This is a must have. It’s got everything you need, including the net. You just have to provide the table.
8. Silver self stirring mug, £10.00 at Debenhams. Technology finally brought us a self stirring mug and it’s time we use it. It works by conjuring a small whirlpool in your mug.
9. Brown Gola Print bowling bag, £10.00 at River Island. It’s not a manpurse, it’s a sports bag he can use to pack everything he needs for the gym or eve for short term travel.
10. Dessert wine, from £5.12 (Mavrodaphne of Patras) at Waitrose. Never underestimate the effect of a great bottle of wine. If dessert wine is new to you, it’s time you met. This one goes great with chocolate cake.
If none of these appeal to you, Burton has an entire section of gifts under £10, with everything from beanies and gloves to glow in the dark toilet paper.
Note to the guys: make suggestions. It’s one of the best ways to make sure you get something you actually like.k