There’s a plethora of chat up lines out there. Some are pretty rubbish, but most are just plain crap and end with a slap in the face or a drink in the lap.
There’s a plethora of chat up lines out there. Some are pretty rubbish, but most are just plain crap and end with a slap in the face or a drink in the lap. They’ve been used more times than a second-hand mattress, and there’s next to no spring left.
So, when you’re out trying to impress someone, it’s always a good idea to whip out anecdotes from your travels. That quite often does the trick. But, hang on, hasn’t that got a little old as well?
Maybe it’s time to slip in some subtle humour with these top ten travel-based chat up lines the next time you sidle up to that pretty lady, or lad.
(Or not, judging by the quality of some.)
1. Would you allow me Du-bai you a drink?
In at number one, it’s polite and gets straight to the point. Just don’t emphasise the pun too much with wide eyes, a questioning nod and cheeky grin – plain creepy.
2. Are you from South England? Because you Brighton up my day.
A nice little compliment to get things moving. Just leave it at the one cheesy line though
3. I bet that disco ball was made in Poland because you look so good on the Gdansk floor
Always good to compliment someone on their moves, you may even get lucky enough to cut some shapes with them
4. Irish you’d go on a date with me because you’re Dublin my heart rate.
Extra points for getting two puns in there. It’ll probably get you a smile if you’re lucky
5. Are you heading to India? Because I’d Goa anywhere with you
Always good to open with a question, it gets them interested. Also good if you need a travelling mate. Tread carefully though, don’t give the impression you’re a bit of a stalker
6. You must be from Paris, because you’re driving me in Seine!
Expect a few groans from this one and zero points for creativity, it is pretty old
7. Are you sure you’re not from South Korea? Because I’m sure you’re my Seoul-mate
Perhaps a tad too forward for a first line, only use if you’re feeling confident. And brave. And a little crazy
8. Are you sure you’re not a tower? Because Eiffel for you.
Awesome play on words, but I doubt anyone would appreciate being likened to a tower
9. Are you from Tennessee? Because you’re the only Ten I see!
I’m sure every girl would love to know she scores a ten, but this just about crosses the creepy line
10. I knew you were the one ever since you Cayman into my life
Again, probably a bit too loaded if you’re trying to impress someone for the first time. Maybe use it on your other half, it’s good for a laugh. Or an unappreciative glance.
In reality, most are as bad as the usual offenders, but they may get you a few points for creativity and originality. You never know, you may get a result!