The changing of the leaves, the hot cider, wearing knitwear are just a few of the reasons why I love Autumn. It is possibly one of my favourite times of year. Its just before winter so its not too cold so you can still get away with wearing some of your summer clothes 🙂
So without further ado, these are my 12 reasons why I love Autumn.
- The trees!!! Autumn is the one time of year when the leaves change colour and become so beautiful 🙂 One of my favourite things to do when the leaves fall is to walk through the park and just walk through the leaves. It makes this crunching sound which I love. Some people might find this weird but I love it!
- Conkers!!!! I mean do I need to explain this. Remember when you were a kid and you would collect conkers and you would keep them forever. It’s the best! Even though I’m not a kid anymore, every time I see a conker I will pick it up.
- The crisp air in the mornings. It’s such a lovely feeling when you step outside your door and feel the nice air on your skin. I don’t know what it is about Autumn that makes the air feel so much nicer but it’s great.
- With cold weather brings hot drinks. Love a hot chocolate with whip cream and little marshmallows (fatty!). Hot drinks are so comforting in this cold weather and it warms you right up.
- Also food! Love a good hot soup in Autumn. I’ve become a vegetarian recently so this year will be having tomato soup, lentil soup and lots of other vegetable soups.
- Pudding 🙂 need I say more. Hot puddings such as hot apple pie, sticky toffee pudding, bread pudding!!! These are just a few of my favs. Anyone who knows me knows I absolutely love pudding so always got to have it after dinner.
- Wearing a onesie. Now some people might think they look stupid and why would you ever buy one. I was one of these people until recently. So I decided to buy a onesie and see what all the fuss is about. Best decision!! Whenever Autumn comes around, my onesie is the one item I put on when I come home and just want to snuggle on the couch.
- Autumn brings all the good TV shows back. Strictly Come Dancing, Doctor Who etc. It’s a great excuse to stay in and not feel guilty for not going out in the evening.
- The clocks go back in Autumn so you get a whole extra hour in bed. YES!!!
- Wearing knitwear and boots is a must when it comes to Autumn. I always wear my boots in Autumn. It’s the one item that gets the most wear out of all my other shoes. Literally can’t live without my boots.
- Being able to travel on the underground and it not be so hot! During the summer, travelling via underground is unbearable so Autumn gives you a break from the heat. It becomes much nicer to travel and you don’t feel as if you’re going to die.
- And my favourite reason why Autumn is the best. Christmas!!! It’s just around the corner so you can begin to get excited about it. The presents, the food and just the general Christmas feel 🙂
Hope everyone enjoys Autumn as much as I do.