The publisher of the popular Bit.Trip series, Rising Star Games, have announced that the upcoming collections: Bit.Trip Saga & Bit.Trip Complete will be released on March 16th 2012 in the UK an
The publisher of the popular Bit.Trip series, Rising Star Games, have announced that the upcoming collections: Bit.Trip Saga & Bit.Trip Complete will be released on March 16th 2012 in the UK and across the rest of Europe. The two retail titles will be released on the Nintendo 3DS and Wii platforms.
Gaijin Games, acclaimed developer of the Bit.Trip series, has finished development of the two collections which feature all of the rhythm-based Bit.Trip series. A huge part of the games are the soundtrack which are chiptune-inspired.
The Bit.Trip series involves six unique games which include a mixture of 1980’s video game graphical style and various gaming elements such as platforming, pong and shooting. The series began in March 2009 when Gaijin Games released Bit.Trip Beat for the Nintendo Wii, a downloadable title that was like Pong meets Guitar Hero. In Bit.Trip Beat players had to control the paddle to bounce back oncoming blocks to the beat of the music. Bit.Trip Beat has received many positive reviews averaging a respectable average score of 80/100 at Metacritic. Official Nintendo Magazine Writer, Simon Bramble, described it as a ‘fresh take on Pong’ and praised its value and aesthetics.
Bit.Trip Beat gameplay
Since Bit.Trip Beat released, Gaijin Games have developed five more games in the series: Core, Void, Runner, Fate and Flux. All these games are set to be re-released in 3D on Bit.Trip Saga and will include all new content on Bit.Trip Complete such as new levels, online leaderboards and a new audio gallery.
Bit.Trip Saga & Bit.Trip Complete Features:
BIT.TRIP SAGA (Nintendo 3DS)
• BIT.TRIP BEAT marks the beginning of CommanderVideo’s epic journey
• BIT.TRIP CORE is the second instalment in CommanderVideo’s soul quest
• BIT.TRIP VOID continues CommanderVideo’s epic journey
• BIT.TRIP Runner marks the first fully character-based adventure for CommanderVideo
• BIT.TRIP FATE is the penultimate chapter in the six-part BIT.TRIP series and will leave you wondering what’s next
• The BIT.TRIP series comes full circle with BIT.TRIP FLUX, CommanderVideo’s final adventure
BIT.TRIP COMPLETE (Nintendo Wii)
• All six games in the award-winning BIT.TRIP series in one complete package with 120 completely new BIT.TRIP challenges spanning all six games
• New audio gallery with fan remixes, original songs and demo versions of existing BIT.TRIP themes
• An image gallery with exclusive production stills, concept art and promo images
• A video gallery with more than 25 movies telling the story of CommanderVideo
• Six letters to BIT.TRIP fans written by the series’ director
• Original soundtrack CD packaged with BIT.TRIP COMPLETE, featuring music from all six games in the series
• New difficulty modes in all games
• Online leaderboards
Whether you’ve tried and liked just one or a few of the Bit.Trip titles or have bought each game on release; these collections are set to be the definitive way for gamers to own all six Bit.Trip titles for playing at home on the Wii or on the go on the Nintendo 3DS system.
Bit.Trip Saga and Bit.Trip Complete for Nintendo Wii and BIT.TRIP SAGA for Nintendo 3DS will be released on 16th March, 2012. Stay tuned for the review which will be published on the same day.